also my dad doesnt’ know what urban fantasy is so I gave him the first dresden files and told him Harry Dresden kinda reminds me of him a little and now I’m all paranoid like what if he doesn’t like it because it’ll prob be awkward to have to disown my dad
ok no i haven’t watched torchwood in literally two years but i thought too hard about that gifset and now I’m literally crying??
I’m like abby shut the fuck up you never even watched the part where Ianto dies you prob don’t even know what pain is
and yet here i am. tears.
I made my folks watch Pacific Rim tonight
that was fun
for me, at least.
Mom actually watched the last half of it, despite her overt hatred for anything science fictional. She was really invested in baby Mako.
My brother was convinced Mako was a bad guy. His reasoning was she had “evil hair.”
Also literally no one realized that the Kaidanovskys, the triplets, and Stacker and Chuck died though. I had to explain that and they were all “thats dumb”
in the south
- we only refer to people as y’all. that group of people over there? y’all. our mamas? y’all. you? y’all.
- everyone chews tobacco
- we have wells where we can draw up sweet tea from the ground
- nobody pursues education past the age of 12
- we all know how to run a farm
- we cry about the civil war at least once a day, twice on sundays
- only country music plays. ever